Knowledge for the Community
Arete Rehab partners with senior centers to provide evidence-based exercise classes, and educational presentations for community members.
Arete Rehab offers classes to communities via 3 payment methods:
- Senior center is responsible for payment of the course
- Arete Rehab charges participants a fee per class ranging from $5-$10 (minimum number of participants required)
- Senior center pays for a portion of the course and participants are charged a fee ranging from $2-$5
- Active Mind; Active Body
- Participants complete strength and balance testing on first and final classes
- Each class alternates between physical and mental exercises for the duration of the class.
How it Works
Arete Rehab will
- Meet with you to learn about your community members, surveying them if possible
- Take the information gathered to conduct research and create a new class
- Create marketing material for the new class contingent upon your approval
- Run the class on days and at times that work for your community
Brains, Balance & Breakfast is Arete Rehab’s community outreach road show designed to promote senior health and wellness.
What is Brains, Balance & Breakfast?
- Brains: A Licensed therapist provides a dynamic presentation using Powerpoint on a senior topic of your choice
- Balance: A Licensed therapist will lead participants in exercises designed to increase strength and balance
- Breakfast: Each event begins with a senior-healthy breakfast
Some of Our Topics
Keeping Your Brain Fit
The link between exercise and the brain
Drink Up! Dehydration Prevention
The importance of drinking water for overall health, and ways to stay hydrated.
Active Mind; Active Body
Normal vs. abnormal aging as it relates to cognition
Understanding how the heart works, how blood pressure affects the heart, and how to stay heart healthy